Thursday, October 04, 2007

Haven't seen this before...................................

No! It's NOT worms...
It started to sprout!
Upon cutting into this tomato yesterday, that had been setting on my counter for several days, I immediately noticed it looked funny. Upon further inspection I could see that the tomato seeds had started to sprout. I smelled it (everyone knows what a rotten tomato smells like. Right?) and it didn't smell rotten, but "sprouty."
The hospice nurse was here at the time and she concurred with me. Then she said if I started seeing Jesus in the tomato she was turning me in. Nope! No faces emerged in front of my eyes, but I still thought it was cool enough to share.
I am going to try and get it to grow, since it seems to want it so badly. I will let you know what happens.

4 comments:

Daniele said...

Oh that's interesting!
This is one of my 'to do's' for later. I've always wanted to try and grow my own tomatoes. But the weather in England is far from ideal. Good luck :)

Patty said...

I thought you were going to say sprouting not tomatoes. Sprouting is VERY easy and they are one of the best things in the world to eat. The green lentil sprouts taste just like green beans fresh from the garden. Let me know if you want to know how to get started.

CCC said...

Patty -- cool little blog you have here! Thanx for stopping by Leaving Corporate. I appreciated your comment and wanted to add this: most trainers have never been overweight/fat/obese in their lives. Most were former jocks/athletes. Most have never struggled with emotional eating or the severe guilt that follows after using food for comfort. They've never experienced the embarrassment of struggling with basic exercises like squats and lunges. They've never had bellies or rolls of fat. So, when you get that kind of lackluster response from a trainer who's "never been there"....go figure, y'know? ;) Sure food should be used as energy. Of course. OF COURSE. Now try telling that to someone who has used food as comfort all their lives as a means to feeling better due to crappy circumstances in their lives(ie: was raised in an alcoholic family with parents who were never available or to someone who was molested or generally treated poorly most their lives)...that person will look at you and be like, "uh...what? Food for energy?" Most of the trainers at the gym I work for are just like that...oblivious to the struggles of folks who are *chronic* emotional eaters.

Thanx again...

Patty said...

Then I am doubly glad you are doing what you are doing CC. The world needs more people like you in it.