Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Answered Prayers.....................................

I went to the surgeon for a follow-up on my wrist, and the news couldn't be better. Not only can I commence running, I am healing very well, and I can start moving my wrist again. Try tying your non-dominate hand behind your back for a couple of days if you want to get the full effect of just how really wonderful news the last part of that sentence is. I still have a few restrictions, like no push ups, but then I don't really like doing push ups so there aren't restrictions I can't live with for a few more weeks.

There was another woman that fractured her opposite wrist on the same day, had surgery on the same day, and was in the office yesterday for her follow-up as well. When the doctor saw how much movement I had he was so astonished he mentioned how much better I was recovering than this other woman. I told them that it was the power of prayer and I had all of blog world praying for me.

So thank you, each and everyone of you, for all of your prayers and positive thoughts. Once again they have not only helped me to heal they have given me back my dream of running a marathon (18 days and counting!).

I am taking 10% credit for being a (mostly) model patient, being healthy,in good shape, and coming from good stock, but giving 90% of the credit to the power of prayer and positive thought, as well as again being the recipient of God's grace. I am very blessed.

2 comments:

Sheri said...

Yeah for you! I'm so glad you got some good news!

Patty said...

Ya! Being forbidden to do push ups is good news isn't it? Like when I had my tummy tuck and wasn't allowed to do sit ups. Double darn. JK! I know what you really meant Sheri. Thanks for all the good thoughts and prayers.