Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Life lesson number#957..............................................

If you give into a call from your bladder a time or two (or more) during a four hour training run, you might pick up something from the side of the road you could live without...

Apparently it is a bumper year for poison ivy, and I am allergic. I had been dealing with things quite well since the rash appeared on Sunday, and even though I woke up this morning with my left eye swollen shut I still believed I could ride things out without medication.


That was until 2:30 this afternoon when it became apparent that my right eye was heading down the same path the left had taken. I caved and went to Redi-care (a walk-in health clinic) to get a dose of steroids. Even as good as I am, I need to have some vision to provide quality OP care.
I am weighing the odds of getting arrested for indecent exposure if the "need" arises on any long runs between now and the first frost, and I opt to not go off the road and into the unknown. Maybe if I keep a copy of these pictures in my pack the arresting officer would have pity on me and let me off with just a warning...

3 comments:

laluna said...

Oh my gosh - that is so horrible!!! I am horribly reactive to it as well (last time I got it out camping I had it for 6 months because I somehow got the oil in my car, in the house, etc.). You poor thing - on your eye! You so have my sympathy! I hope the shot takes effect quickly (it didn't work for me!)

Daniele said...

Oh noo.. not the other eye too! I hope you feel better soon and the swelling goes away quickly.

Patty said...

If I hold my head at just the right angle, I have two slits to see from this morning. As you can see I am managing the computer for small moments. (my) Mister stayed home to do OP care for me. I think the next batch of pills, and a couple more hours will have me seeing much better.

I have been spending the meantime being grateful for sight and how many things it allows one to do that turn into quite a struggle without the ability.

My youngest is a tad bit disapointed that we won't be needing the seeing eye puppy after all.

Thanks for your concern/smpathy