Tuesday, October 07, 2008

My latest claim to fame..................

Some of you might recall my past troubles with "The Man in the Yellow House T.M.I.T.Y.H.)." The guy that hates neighborhood animals and likes to trap cats. I have taken to calling him T.M.I.T.Y.H as a way of being neutral and not emotional.

Anyway, word in the neighborhood is that his bladder cancer has returned. Regardless of how negative he is this is still not happy news, and I have been debating whether or not to send him a note to let him know I am holding good thoughts for him and his wife. (Am I the only one that writes letters in her head for several days before actually committing them to paper to get the wording just right?)

Sunday, I was returning from a five mile run when I noticed that T.M.I.T.Y.H. was in his back yard mowing the lawn and his wife was unloading some stuff from her car. In the moment I decided to just let her know I was available if they needed anything and headed up their driveway. Of course she looked at me like I was a total stranger. I introduced myself and when she still looked confused I pointed to my house (two doors down) and said my address. Then I added, "the house with the big travel trailer in the drive, to which she added, "You mean the ____'s house." No, this side of _____'s house. Then I said, "I'm Fred's mom."

INSTANT RECOGNITION!

She got a big smile on her face, and said, Oh! Patty." Then went on to rave about what a cute boy Fred is (For those of you who are not regular readers, Fred is my naughty cat that likes to sun himself on their deck), and we had a quick visit. Now, two days later, I am still smiling over the fact that my claim to neighborhood fame is being my cat's mom. How cool is that?

3 comments:

Maria said...

I'm Sock's mom around our block. He is well known and loved...much more so than I am.

The Girl Next Door said...

Well I suppose that is much better then SOME of the things you could be known as! LOL
"Hi" btw! ;)

Patty said...

A BIG hello to Sock's mom, and HI right back to you T`girl!

Thanks for your comments. I have been out of blog land for the most part and I really miss everyone!