Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Send money please...............................

If you want to do that in the form of cold hard cash, feel free, but I was thinking more along the lines of positive thinking and ideas to generate money.

My youngest has projected that she needs to get ten thousand dollars in the bank to keep on top of her plan to cash flow college. Currently she is not getting full time hours at her hospice job and this is throwing her plan off a bit. We talked about her getting a second job and decided that there were other ways of making money that didn't require schedule commitments.

She has had a couple of garage sales and made about fifty dollars. HUGE bonus for me, she emptied her room to sell things and I CAN FINALLY SEE THE FLOOR OF HER ROOM for the first time in years! I swear ALL of the pets wander around in her room now with a look of "where am I?" on their faces.

She has put a few things on Craig's list but they haven't moved yet. Does anyone have any great, unusual, ideas that have worked for them in the past to raise money? Yes! It has to be legal! Her goal is to raise an extra $2000.00 and she has raised between three and four hundred of that amount since the middle of May.

When you are throwing up your requests to the Universe throw a few up for my kid that she might get some money tossed her way okay? And if you have any junk you want to send her way to sell, all donations are appreciated.

Speaking of the Universe, you might find this kind of amusing...

Late yesterday afternoon a marking guy for a home health/hospice company came to my door. Being in the middle of making dinner I invite him into the kitchen to give me his pitch, after I warned him that I was more than satisfied with my current home health/hospice team.

He started by telling me about how big his company was and all the awards that had been bestowed upon them. I deflated his balloon by telling him I believed that any company was only as good as the staff at the moment, and this sorta ended his marketing call.

He noticed the dogs and ask how many animals I had. I told him and he replied that his family "was looking for the perfect cat for the girls." I told him it might sound nuts but all he needed to do (if he was serious about wanting one) was to ask the Universe and the perfect cat would come to them. For some reason this prompted the man to ask me what religion I was. I got to say he held it together pretty good when I told him I was spiritual not religious, and believed that God was more loving than to hold a position that there was only one REAL religion/lifestyle (as so many faiths believe) and that the rest of us were all going to hell.

He told me he was raised Catholic, strayed from the church for years, started back with his family, didn't like the priest, found a church with a younger priest, and now he is content (what was I saying about an institution only being as good as it's current staff?) attending with his wife and daughters.

I went on to tell him that I would feel comfortable in any worship service (okay, maybe not if there were sacrifices going on), but I was most happy interacting with God on a one to one basis. Oh! I also told him about my free hospice house that I was waiting for my investor to show up and fund.

As he was leaving he told me I reminded him of his Aunt Dorthy, the one that had like a hundred and ten cats and was SUPER religious. I laughed with him and told him I sensed he would be having some great dinner conversation about our visit. He ended by saying he couldn't wait to check back and see how things were progressing with the hospice house and I concurred.

See, in the end, we found something we had in common.

5 comments:

Maria said...

If I knew where the money tree was, I would be all over that sucker....

Random Musings said...

Well I will send her good money thougths.. I too am a bit in a mess starting this new gov job and only getting paid 1 time a month...
Has she thought of donating plasma? They pay $20 your first time in the week and $40 your second... Its $240 a month and only takes like 40 minutes to do? AND she would be saving lives?? While saving for college?

Random Musings said...

http://www.plasmazentrum.at/index.html

Patty said...

Maria,

Your comment gave me a great idea. We should start a peoples bank, and call it the Money Tree. Who could resist banking there?

Random,

The thought of "my baby" giving plasma made me weak in the knees, but then I thought it was a great idea. Except for her irrational fear of needles, and the fact she has small veins. I tried to donate once upon a time and they could never get anything from me so they wouldn't let me come back. And W-A-Y back then it was only $20 a pop.

I will mention it to her. Thanks for the suggestion.

Random Musings said...

Thats so funny.
I too have a REALLY irrational fear of needles AND blood.
Yep.
There you have it.
But I had a friend who has been receiving plasma regularly for her leukemia treatments. "Ask" me to donate.
She knew of my fears, and the first time I went I did pass out and barf, I was quite the show and now there is this big card on my file that "alerts" the staff to my fears and the fact that I "may or may not" drop like a fly.
Only because I was asked do I do it. The hubby does too.
And at first I donated the money to her cause and she asked that I did not.
So its just extra cash while saving lives.